CAF has a Complaints Policy to ensure all complaints are handled as efficiently and effectively as possible.
As a customer of ours, you are entitled to make a complaint to us. The following outlines our policy and procedures for the handling of verbal and written complaints.
We want to resolve your complaints as soon as possible. Please email us and we’ll do our best to resolve any problems you may be having with our service, as soon as possible.
- To provide an efficient, fair and structured mechanism for handling complaints.
- To provide our customers with access to the complaints handling process, including those customers with disabilities and special needs.
- To keep customers informed as to the progress of their complaint and the expected timeframe for resolution.
- Quarterly to review our complaints so that we can improve our standard of customer service.
Handling Your Complaint:
- Upon receiving a complaint, we will acknowledge your matter in writing (email) within 5 business days.
- We will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint, proposed actions and the expected timeframe for resolving.
- Our aim is to resolve complaints in a timely manner, and we will generally resolve a matter within 30 calendar days.
- Complex complaints may take longer than 30 calendar days to resolve. In these cases, we will regularly update you on the progress and likely timeframe for resolution.
- We will advise you of the outcome of your complaint. Where you have requested us to do so, we will advise you in writing.
- Making a complaint should normally be free. If we think your complaint requires a charge, we will not impose one without discussion with you. If your complaint is upheld in your favor, and we have charged you complaint handling fees, we will refund you the full amount of the fees charged within 30 days.
If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your account or dealings with CAF, we urge you to email us at first instance. Our objective is to resolve the vast majority of enquiries or complaints shortly after your first contact with us.
If you like, you can appoint an authorized representative or an advocate to interact with us on your behalf. When you discuss your complaint with us, we can assist you to clarify and formulate the complaint.
You can also make a complaint by using any of the other contact methods on our website, or please ask us if there is any other method you would like to use to send a complaint to us.
Complaints made to CAF are overseen by its board of directors. After a complaint is made, if it is not immediately resolved, we may need to investigate it. This process may take 15 business days or longer (in which case we will update you with the reason for the delay and the expected timeframe).
When your complaint is resolved, we will confirm this with you within 10 business days.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by us, and depending on the nature of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to an outside body.